Sunday, January 13, 2013

Disfiguredream's wardrobe post

It's wardrobe meme month on EGL. Following Carmidoll's request, I've taken on three other commissions for banners from my friends (two of them in exchange for cake, hoho. The others are too far away to send cake).

This request was for one of the characters in a comic I used to do, Bethony, wearing BABY's koitsukihime stained glass print. Bethony is what we call a 'shiro' (white) lolita when she's not being trampled, defenestrated, broken or otherwise bloodied into a 'guro' (gore) lolita, so putting her in a print dress was a little uncharacteristic, but I envisioned the stained glass angels rising out of her dress through the blood and I thought, 'OK'.

The comic still lives on the Internet here.

disfiguredream's wardrobe banner 01

On the side is the colour palette I use for this character. All of my characters have a unique colour palette for their hair, skin, eyes, and highlights.

disfiguredream's wardrobe banner 02

The background used below is the actual sketch I'd done after we'd finished our souffle pancakes. (She and I were at a cafe.)

disfiguredream's wardrobe banner 03

Final version: grittier. I considered putting the height/weight prison thing in the background, but it wasn't as if Bethony had done anything wrong. 

disfiguredream's wardrobe banner 04 fin

Disfiguredream's actual wardrobe can be accessed at... well, I'll let her put it up first. There'll be more of these wardrobe banners to come, so check back in a week or two.

Edit: is this karma? When I made this art I had red stools and a plaster on my knee from walking into a storm drain. Fast-forward one day, and I'm down with a cold and a cut finger (sliced into myself trying to make ginger broth for the throat). I'm losing blood in all directions!! <_<

Edit 2: I've been attacked by bloodsucking insects. Oh, and the wardrobe is here.

2 comments:

  1. You're awesome!!!
    *glomp*

    Ginger broth is good for the throat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is. It burns like fire going down but it's a good, soothing burn.

      Delete