Friday, January 25, 2013

Cyanfemme's wardrobe post

The third in the series of wardrobe post banners for this month, and I am SO behind time. Now that I have given up my room at the hostel it takes five hours every day for me to travel to the university and back -- from one end of the country to the other. I must finish the other two before January is over. Omg.

This is Cyanfemme's wardrobe post, conceived over the same pancake dinner from the previous post. The sketch was made slanted on the foolscap, so I had to toggle the alignment. Cyanfemme provided the pen, and Disfigureddream provided the paper.

cyanfemme's wardrobe banner 01

I wanted this picture in elegant, neat colour blocks. The banner is supposed to reflect its wardrobe owner's style, after all. And the city in the background is because Cyanfemme is an architect (and will raise great castles like that).

cyanfemme's wardrobe banner 02

Cyanfemme actually owns a hat like that, but I took creative license with it.

cyanfemme's wardrobe banner 03

This is a convenient fantasy landscape with no basis whatsoever in observable fact.

cyanfemme's wardrobe banner 04

And then I brightened it up with a bit of fierce sunset light. I was going to put blue fire on the horizon, but I thought that it might be a little too distracting.

I was going to leave 'Cyanfemme's Wardrobe' in that corner, but it didn't look like a stamp that way. So I settled for the delicious irony of marking down the value for her clothes (for Customs). Her entire wardrobe of chiffon, dupioni and damask now has a declared worth of $2.

Finished version!

cyanfemme's wardrobe banner 05

And there it is. Cyanfemme hasn't put up her wardrobe yet because she's been waiting for me. I'll put the link here when it's up. Two more to go -- I'll be attempting to do them in completely different styles again, but the ideas have had a week to incubate, so the execution shouldn't take too long; famous last words.

Edit: now that I think about it, perhaps it's not such a good idea to have the bridge in the middle ground; taking it away would draw more attention to the figure in the front. I wish I'd thought of this earlier. I'll see if I've any time to experiment with taking it away.

Edit 2: There.

cyanfemme's wardrobe banner fin
You can see the actual wardrobe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment