Friday, March 23, 2012

I'm bushed

*_* FINALLY finished my submission for Lolita: the Artwork. It is exactly 1.11am as I am typing this. I still have four essays left to complete. One of them is 3/4 done.

pockets embroidery princess finish sm

I know I was going to try for a pop-art look with this one, but the deadline came looming at me again like an iceberg from the mist, and I turned out not to have the time or the brain space left to get used to a new style. :S I'll probably experiment with it some more when I have time, to see if I can do it. My actual submission doesn't have the poetry, since I wasn't sure about copyright issues; it's part of Inger Christensen's sonnet cycle, 'Butterfly Valley', translated by Susanna Nied.

While my nerves are still fried from all that painting let me take the occasion to squee over a new dress that I hadn't known I'd wanted: Alice and the Pirates's Seraphim Stained Glass one-piece in black.

Alice and the Pirates Seraphim OP

Thing is, I already have the same print in another style. Help! I was going to look for the jumper skirt in white, but the black OP came by and... those who came here looking just for nice art had better be warned that there'll be plenty of lolita fashion too, because the clothes are certainly artworks in their own right; the dress featured in this painting is the Pockets Embroidery JSK in cream from Baby, the Stars Shine Bright. I've been looking for this dress for ages, and I still haven't managed to find it yet. One day it will be mine.

OK. Time to cram some readings and sleep. I think I'll take a break from artiness next week if I can't finish that second 5000-word paper in time. I still have no idea what I'm going to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment