Thursday, January 19, 2012

More from my archives

...And while I'm at it, I think I'll upload some of the stuff I still like from a few years ago. It's a good way to fill up this blog in a hurry, and there's nothing like resting on one's laurels.

These are e-cards I made for my lecturers in 2010. Mostly the content is specific to the books and poems I had to read for each course.


for dr ang 06
Course title: Romanticism
References: Villette (Bronte), Isabella; or, the Pot of Basil (Keats), Ode to a Nightinggale (more Keats), Vathek (Beckford), Frankenstein (Shelley)
Additions: a book of Japanese fairy tales illustrated by Warwick Goble



for dr nardin
Course title: Women Novelists in 1750 - 1800
References: Little Red Riding Hood. That said, the book wasn't on the course at all. It just so happened that Dr Nardin saw me drawing this in her class and said that she liked it. So I sent her a finished copy.



for dr pan 03
Course title: 18th Century
References: Pamela (Richardson) -- the smarmiest book I'd ever read, and no wonder. How do you write an epistolary novel while you're busy trying to avoid rape?



for dr roy (colour)
Course title: Literature and Psychoanalysis
References: the Turn of the Screw (James)

You can tell that I'm a Literature student. Really.

I'll get on with actually creating more art soonish. This should hold in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment