Monday, April 29, 2013

Real drawing! By moi!

I made some sketches! Finally, new art. Really new art.


#1: Photogenic fantasy people

Family
Awww, they get to be happy for a little while. I, the author, will allow it. Then I crush them all like ants.


I haven't finished cleaning this piece yet, but I thought I would leave it here while I muster the courage to not abandon the project and actually paint it.

These three characters are siblings. Due to an unfortunate series of events, they all have different mothers. All their names begin with A. You've seen the little sister before -- she is Training Master From Hell.

I have an illustrator friend who tells me that big bro's eyelashes are too epic, and really he gets teased a lot for it. It's one of the few physical traits that all three of them have in common. Dad and Aunt from the same family have the same startling peepers. Aunt likes to claim that they were descended from camels.



#2: A mad bird.

mad bird
"aaaack!" *cough*cough*cough*"aaaaaaaack!!!"


I've gotten slowly back into the habit of doodling things while waiting for people to turn up. It's very therapeutic and keeps me from (1) playing Candy Crush, or (2) blowing my top at the late people. The only downside is that the sketchbook is heavy.

I don't generally know what I'm going to make when I put my pen down to paper. I make meaningless shapes and they metamorphose on their own into a thing. I used to do these random fantastical pen-sketches all the time... one day they will appear here.

Ok, gone.

1 comment:

  1. you illustrator friend is a poopyhead with no idea about lashes I say! *coughcough*

    Also, much love for the mad bird. I feel a kinship.

    ReplyDelete