Saturday, April 20, 2013

April and March outfits

Here are some outfits that I've worn out over the past three weeks!

Outfit 1: to a friend's birthday buffet at The Regent Hotel

 photo P4200051sm_zpsf187c027.jpg

Skirt: Juliette et Justine
Underskirt: Victorian Maiden
Top: Ruis (from Taobao)
Clips: Surfacespell
Headpiece: JRunway
Bag: Mucha (mook)

I've just realised that I'd used the wrong colour corsages to recreate this outfit! There should NOT be that dark purple rose there (it's so jarring). I'd used a flesh pink rose instead for the actual thing... I can't imagine what I was thinking while I was making this photograph. Possibly I wasn't thinking at all -- the weather was so hot.


Outfit 2: to hear Benjamin Britten's War Requiem

 photo P4200058sm_zpsae115785.jpg

Dress: Mere Vierge JSK
Hoodie jacket: Cabbages and Roses x Uniqlo collab
Necklace: Alice and the Pirates
Hairclip: JRunway
Earrings: Tzarist
Bag: Lapalette
Shoes: Clarks

The concert was a Requiem Mass interspersed with arias sung to the words of Wilfred Owen's most famous poems. I did Owen's war poetry for my A'-levels and could, to my surprise, remember nearly everything. I'm sure I wasn't the only person mouthing along to the quavering bass and tenor soloist parts.


Outfit 3: to another friend's wedding dinner

 photo P4200074sm_zps6675a8f8.jpg

Dress: Alice and the Pirates
Corsage: Surfacespell
Shoes: Clarks
Shrug: offbrand

Clarks is just about the only brand that sells good shoes in my size. I must have busted at least half a month's salary's worth of cash on Clarks shoes over my lifetime. It's worth it because the shoes are beautiful, heavy, comfy, and indestructable.

The people getting married were non-lolita so I thought I'd keep it toned down. It was a good decision; everyone at my table, including the bride and groom, were wearing black! But really this dress is an artwork on its own -- I have more OTT coordinates in mind, but this time I accessorised it simply and just let it do its thing.

You'll notice that I've been leaning towards tea-length dresses, but I've been doing that for a long time. I've always preferred longer skirts, especially since it was easier to wear socks underneath without revealing a bit of flesh when they inevitably sink.

---

As always, I keep intending to do some real art, but it never happens. But I was talking to someone yesterday and she said that she's looking forward to the day I produce my own comic. I really need to get my act together and actually create something! So hopefully there will be something of that nature up here the next time I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment