Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Old, old filler

No manticore. I'd just been posted to a new place and I hadn't expected to be taking work home every day. Here is some old art instead until I get some painting time.

Inylia scales

This piece of character art was a commission done long, long ago (5 years or more) for the same person who now wants a manticore. The end product that was given to her was rather different from this because she didn't like the sales, so I replaced it with a blue spade tattoo. The character is an emotionless, task-oriented shape-shifter who stalks people so that she can drain life -- or eat them -- I'm getting old, I can't remember.

I rather miss doing character drawings like these. Once I paint that manticore I'll root around and see which old sketches I can root up to colour. If I don't have time I'll post up the bunch of process pictures I made as part of my portfolio a long time ago when I still had aspirations in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment