Sunday, May 6, 2012

Gorgeous Corsages

Do you guys remember my absurd table of roses early this year? This is the result:

Epic rose corsage front

Instead of making one huge corsage out of the lot as I'd originally intended, I decided to put them together in smaller groups  for more coordinating possibilities... and so that the corsage wouldn't flop about. I'd have to use a number of pins to distribute the stress over a large corsage anyway, so it didn't make sense not to just split them up.

Epic rose corsage back

Oh, and I threw together another corsage yesterday, but it's missing some components and won't be complete until I buy the odds and ends. Here it is anyway.

Dandelion corsage

The dress I'd bought the dandelion flowers for didn't work out after all, which is a pity. BUT after I've finished with this thing it would make the perfect hat pin or OTT hair clip. I even have the perfect hat in my cupboard. When the weather is sunny again I will make coordinates featuring my flower corsages against selections of my wardrobe!

Right now, however, I have to speedread through a bunch of books because they're due tomorrow (eep) but after that I'll be back to drawing. I've been pretty lazy these past two weeks, but I swear I'll have more stuff up this week -- stay tuned.





2 comments:

  1. I was very curious how it will turn out - and it turned out beautifully. Nice idea with separating it, must have been hell making it though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. Much easier than if I'd decided to have them all stuck together, in fact. If I'd done that, I'd have had to contend with wire and gardening tape. This works because I get to put the flowers anywhere. :3

      Delete